Organised by Next Chapter Animal Rescue, the Companion Dog Show is always a very popular part of the show. There are separate competitions for pedigree and novelty classes, so there is no excuse for not having a go!
Entries are taking from 11am. Judging starts at 12pm for pedigree classes and 12:30pm for novelty classes. There are rosettes and prizes for places 1-5 in all classes.
Cost: £3 per entry or 2 entries for £5
Open to pedigree dogs only. Please note dogs that have won a Challenge Certificate or any award counting to the title of Champion are not eligible.
- Class 1. AV Puppy (6-12 months)
- Class 2. AV Junior (12-18 months)
- Class 3. AV Hound or Terrier
- Class 4. AV Gundog
- Class 5. AV Toy or Utility
- Class 6. AV Working or Pastoral
- Class 7. AV Open
- Class 8. AV Veteran (over 7 years)
Open to pedigree and non pedigree dogs.
- Class 9. Most attractive puppy
- Class 10. Goldie Oldie (7 years and over)
- Class 11. Dog with the waggiest tail
- Class 12. Best rescue dog
- Class 13. Best brace (2 dogs together)
- Class 14. Best 6 legs
- Class 15. Dog in best condition
- Class 16. Dog the judges would most like to take home
Please note the show is held under Kennel Club rules and regulations. However, the above classes do not need to be registered with Kennel Club. No dog under 6 months is eligible for entry in the show.
Fun Agility Course
If the dog show isn’t quite your style why not take on the challenge of our fantastic agility course with your four legged friend. All dogs are welcome to have a go! The course is provided by Paddywack.